Swimming pool slides add a whole ‘nuther dimension to your pool enjoyment. We have swimming pools from Mild to Wild at In The Swim.
Kids and adults will line up behind a slide (no pushing!) for their turn at whizzing down the slide deck into the pool.Nine Seven Cow Leather Women's Pointed Toe Stiletto High Heel Eleagnt Fashion Handmade Dress Ankle High BootiesYosi Samra Women's Daniel Heeled Sandal
If you have been looking for a way to add some excitement into your pool, here’s some thoughts on how to approach an installation of a pool slide on your swimming pool.
These aren’t your father’s pool slides! SR Smith offers up the latest & greatest, developed with safety and installation ease in mind, the entire line is also salt pool and sea air friendly – made with completely non corrosive components.
1. Footprint. Steve Madden Women's Olivvia Wedge Sandal can take up a good bit of deck. More than you may think. When looking at our pool slides, click the Specifications Sheet on the More Info tab. This will have a schematic to show you the overall length and width of concrete needed for installation. Slides take up a lot of deck space, and some installations may require additional concrete. You should also account for room for the line of sliders that will develop behind the slide, and an easy way to pass around the slide, without stepping off the pool deck.
2. Location. Most slide manufacturers call for installation in depth of 44″ – 48″ of water. This rules out most shallow end walls and deep end walls. Pool slides need to be installed in water that’s not too shallow – and not too deep, for safety reasons. This depth also needs to be maintained for a distance past the slide exit point, as illustrated in the ‘Water Safety Envelope’ image shown here.
3. Color. It used to be that slides came in any color you wanted, as long as that color was sky blue. Nowadays, you can usually also get white, and many of the newer slides are available in earth tones of granite or buff (gray or brown), to match the natural stone.
4. Left or Right? Depending on how much deck space you have, and the location of the slide, choosing a left or right turn slide can be important in your pool slide fitting your particular pool deck size. Careful measurement of your deck, and a few phone calls to our helpful experts are in order – before you order your pool slide.
4. Tall or Small? We have slides from mild to wild! The taller they are, the larger the footprint, however.
5. Truckline delivery. It would be nice if UPS or FedEx would deliver our pool slides, but they just refuse! I can understand, these boxes would fill their whole truck! Pool slides are delivered by an 18 wheeler direct to your driveway. Our pool slide delivery trucks have a “Lift Gate” on the back, to lower your slide safely to the curb.
There are two important considerations when ordering a pool slide (or any truckline delivery).
1. The trucking company will call you to arrange for a delivery date.Volcom Womens Stone Platform Womens Sandal Wedge SandalDr. Martens Womens Voss Sandal
2. Inspect the pool slide for any damage (rare) before signing and accepting.
6. Price. Of course, price is a consideration. The average price for pool slides is about $3,000. Tube slides, like you may see at water parks and shown below, are priced at $17K, for home pools (if you have the deck space). We have slides in many sizes and price ranges, so adding a pool slide to your pool shouldn’t break the bank.
7. Installation. Can a slide be DIY installed – of course it can! If you can follow the installation manual, you should have no problem. Using a rotary hammer drill, stanchion anchors are epoxied into the concrete deck, and then nuts are tightened down to secure the slide legs. Adding a water supply to the pool slide complicates things a bit, but is usually tapped off of the pool supply (so it doesn’t over-fill the pool if left on), or it can come from the house water supply.